Last Modified: December 7, 2022
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Cooperative and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Email and Electronic Text Communications, Generally
If you select any optional services from Cooperative that include any email or electronic text notifications or other communications, it is your responsibility to provide Cooperative with a valid email address and/or a valid number assigned to your mobile phone or other device (“Mobile Device”), and you understand and agree that Cooperative will use such email address and/or Mobile Device number for delivery of electronic notifications and other communications. It is also your responsibility to update such email address and/or Mobile Device number, to ensure proper delivery of electronic communications to you. Failure to do so promptly could result in the interruption of such communications and could adversely affect your Cooperative utility account (“Utility Account”) and Cooperative’s ability to provide services to you. Your email address and/or Mobile Device number can be changed within the SmartHub application under the “My Profile” tab on the “My Information” screen, or by using any of the methods set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
The Cooperative’s name, the Cooperative’s logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Cooperative or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Cooperative. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, data, software, text, displays, images, graphics, photographs, icons, sounds, video, audio, other materials displayed, used or incorporated by Cooperative on the Website, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are licensed or owned by the Cooperative, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, service marks, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not remove copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices contained in the Cooperative’s content. In additions, you must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit, or otherwise use any of the content on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by any end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any public or commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
You must not use any content on the Website without our written permission. If you wish to make any use of content on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To collect a user’s username, registration information, or email address from the Website by electronic means or otherwise without the user’s consent.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited email using any information obtained in connection with the Website.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Cooperative, a Cooperative employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Cooperative or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site, jeopardize the reliability, speed, or operation of the Website or any related computer systems.
- Use the Website in any manner that could interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper functioning of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Cooperative, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COOPERATIVE AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
The Cooperative has no obligation to monitor or review material posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section. However, the Cooperative reserves the right to review materials posted to the Website and to remove any materials in its sole discretion.
The Website may now or in the future permit the submission of User Contributions at the direction of users of the Website and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Contributions. Although Cooperative does not undertake to review all User Contributions prior to submission and posting, Cooperative may review any User Contributions for compliance with these Terms, applicable law or for any other legitimate purpose.
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations.
You shall be solely responsible for User Contributions you submit and the consequences of our posting or publishing such User Content. In connection with any User Contributions you submit, you affirm, represent and warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize use of all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Contributions; and (ii) you have the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person. By submitting the User Contributions, you grant Cooperative a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and assignable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, display, publish and perform all or any portion of the User Contributions in connection with the Website and Cooperative’s business. Cooperative may maintain copies of any User Contributions for purposes of backup, security or maintenance, or as required by law.
Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, harassment, or discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Submit material that is unlawful or promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act, or that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense.
- Be likely to deceive any person or include falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Cooperative or any third party.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, solicitations of business, barter, or advertising.
- Post User Contribution files that are unreasonably large or that otherwise could interfere with the normal operation and functioning of the Website.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Copyright Infringement, Trade Secrets, Privacy Rights, and Proprietary Information
You agree that you will not submit User Contributions that are copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Cooperative the license rights granted herein.
Cooperative does not endorse any User Contribution or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with any User Contribution. We may remove any and all User Contributions from the Website in our sole discretion and without prior notice. We do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on this Website, and we will remove any User Contribution if notified that such User Contribution infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. We will terminate your access to the Website if we believe you are a repeat copyright infringer as determined under our internal policies and procedures.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notices
If you are a copyright owner and believe that any User Contribution or any Cooperative content infringes upon your copyrights, you or your agent may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for further details):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Cooperative to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Cooperative to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Fannin County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Member Services
P.O. Box 250
Bonham, Texas 75418
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Cooperative, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Cooperative. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Website
The owner of the Website is based in the State of Texas in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, laws of the State of Texas, and laws of the United States.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee that the Website will operate error-free, or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COOPERATIVE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COOPERATIVE MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COOPERATIVE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COOPERATIVE REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE COOPERATIVE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THIRD-PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COOPERATIVE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF COOPERATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IN SUCH INSTANCES, COOPERATIVE’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COOPERATIVE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Cooperative shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding. Cooperative reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification under this section; in such case, you agree to cooperate with all reasonable requests for assistance in connection with Cooperative’s defense of such matter.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER COOPERATIVE OR ANY OTHER INDEMNIFIED PARTY IS NEGLIGENT IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Transfer of Rights
Waiver and Severability
How to Contact Us
This website is operated by Fannin County Electric Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 250, Bonham, Texas 75418.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.